Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 27, 2009 - Weekend to Oblivion

And now it is time to say goodbye. All that will remain are the photos of it's days. Shutting down something that just wasn't profitable to continue. I call it a debt monster also known as a money pit... Take, Take, Take...no give back anything!
I remember in 1995 starting an investment club with two other guys as we were learning to trade stocks. We had a 35% return the first year and then a mining giant company called Bre-X was found to be a fraud with a bogus find. Down crashed all mining stocks including ours. A good contact was made which helped more than make up for the small investment in the club which had to go through the shut down process. A friend at work was trying to get one started and wanted me onboard. After my experience with the first club, i knew some key things to watch for and told this fellow and his friend to be president. At the first meeting they wanted to spend all the club's money and go 100% against what i was saying. I knew that very day that this club would have to be shut down as it would not survive. I was right, a year later, guess who had the ugly task of closing the doors? I like profitable ventures and win win situations that follow proven plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment