Monday, September 21, 2009

September 21, 2009 - New Plans Begin!

The photo is of a garden railway next door to the Museum of Transportation in Wasilla, Alaska. I was doing some reminiscing and had added this as my Facebook profile photo.
My other half will be starting a new job with just two weeks vacation time off per year. I have 5 weeks and can get extra time by paying others cash to cover my shifts. We have different days off at work and management lets us do 30 cash/work trades which adds on to the time off. Well, my lovely wife says that i can take off on a two month roadtrip alone and carry on the hobo adventure! I am thinking of taking two one month trips. One to revisit the Oregon and California coastal hwy and perhaps swing back through Az and up to Pike's Peak and through Denver and then off to home. And the other trip, i would like to head east and south, maybe taking 5 weeks off. That gave me a spark of hope having been going nowhere for the last 5 years. In the meantime i found a budget program on the net and am in the process of putting it all together now. I have plenty of time to figure it all out.

No comments:

Post a Comment