Friday, December 4, 2009

December 4, 2009 - 20 cms of Snow Coming!

... And I would like to be going! Driving off into the blizzard unaware that I would be stuck a few more times before my shift was over! The story starts at the bottom of this post.

"You want a piece of me? Huh? You want a piece of me? Huh? Sitting at a red light!

Jack wasn't making sure that no snowflakes got on the lens! Looks like someone was throwing snowballs at the driver!

Supervisor working feverishly to get us going again! He had a never ending list of stops to make that night!

I am going to rock this sucker free. The driver behind me in the other 72 was pretty much toast for the night where he was stuck!

Jack tries to get the bus unstuck. It just was not going to budge that easily.

A supervisor show up and tries to dig him out. I later tried rocking the bus and we eventually got it off the curb and was able to back down the hill and away we went back in service!

This is where I came into the picture tonight. My driver was stuck on the hill about one long block from where I was waiting. Someone at the top of the hill cut him off and he had to slam on the brakes and then slid back but had the rear wheel jump the curb putting him on track to hit the light standard that was behind him. There was another bus off the road on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment